pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: basic newsgroup questions

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: basic newsgroup questions
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:04:09 +0000 (UTC)

Christian Buhtz <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:05:36
+0000:

> Ok, now I can see this group with M. I tried to create my first post
> with M to this group. [snip]

> 2. I try to set the newsgroup-field in the folder-properties to
> "gmane.mail.mahogany.*" and "gmane.mail.mahogany". [snip]

> Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the newsserver itself used to
> send postings, too? Why do I need sendmail (is an SMTP-server I think?)
> for that?

I'm not sure what "M" is (mail client, maybe does news too, maybe the
mentioned mahogany??), but this group is for discussing pan (which you
appear to have posted with), not M.

I expect you want either the gmane.mail.mahogany group you mentioned for
discussion of it, or possibly the gmane.discuss group, for general gmane
questions.