pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Compiling v. 0.133

From: Kurt Schilling
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Compiling v. 0.133
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 07:01:55 -0400

Greg Lee wrote:
If anyone was hesitating, I thought it might help to tell you
that I just compiled version 0.133 from the subversion
repo with absolutely no issues, and I'm using it to post
this message. I'm on a Linux system (Fedora 6) with some updates,
and I had previously been using version 0.132 with a couple of
the more important fixes some of you have devised.

The command for checking out the code, assuming you have
the subversion program "svn" is:
        svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/pan2/trunk pan2

On my 64 bit  AMD system, I then use
        cd pan2
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
to construct the "configure" program and to run it.  Then
        make
and     sudo make install

-Greg

Thanks for the info on the svn script, Greg.

I've managed to compile a clean install of 0.133 with GTKSpell on my other machine. I'd been somewhat curious about doing one from svn. Now that I have the machine set up to compile from source and have refreshed my memory of what to do....

All the best,

Kurt