pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] libstc++.so.6 missing

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] libstc++.so.6 missing
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:44:36 -0600

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Beso wrote:
>> hi, i've just updated to pan 0.133 and now i get the error of missing
>> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6. the problem is that this file seems to be
>> libstdc++ 3.4. i'm on gentoo unstable. is there anyone who can help
>> out?! maybe duncan...
>
> Interesting.  Your post tells me you are using an unstable distro which
> usually means cutting edge, yet your c++ library looks to be outdated.

Something I have had happen to me on Gentoo is that a library required
by the program requires a missing version of the library.

You should be able to fix all missing library errors by running
revdep-rebuild.  Or you could run "readelf -d /usr/bin/pan" and look at
each file listed as "shared library" in turn until you find the culprit.