pan-users

[Pan-users] May have to abandon new Pan; unstable here

From: Maurice
Subject: [Pan-users] May have to abandon new Pan; unstable here
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:45:05 +0100

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 01:30:50 Duncan wrote:

> It'd be interesting to run it under valgrind or gdb

  I'm not at all familiar with those, although they are available for
installation in Mandriva 2008.0.

Just one thought about new Pan here. It had been working fine for a few days,
which is why I transferred all my newsgroups into it.

The 'program not responding' freeze started about 2 days ago.
Yesterday my normal news server was down all day (still is), so presumably new
Pan was fetching postings via the backup server I had specified (Albasani).
  However, when it came to posting responses, new Pan froze on the 'Posting'
window, which raises the question: Doe it not try to post via a backup server
if no joy with usual server?  What should happen in this situation?
--
/\/\aurice