pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [Pan 0.133-Windows] Drops server

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [Pan 0.133-Windows] Drops server
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:28:05 +0000 (UTC)

Kurt Schilling <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 27 Sep
2008 08:26:03 -0400:

>>> You could play around with the various sig type options.  It has been
>>> awhile since I tried that and I only tried the two text options (FWIW
>>> I use text file, now), but that might change the number of blank lines
>>> inserted.
>
> The text file option did change the number of lines: added one in fact.

Well, that's a hint at where in the code one should look for the bug, it
would seem.  Filed a bug yet?  If so this should probably be noted
there.  If not, please do (and post the number or URL here so I can CC
it).

... Which has me thinking about that executable option...  I don't claim
to code anything but scripts, but you're making that bug bite itch here,
and as they say, open source programmers are often scratching their own
itches.  I could possibly come up with a script that would echo a few
backspace/delete characters, before inserting a text sig based on what's
in a config file...  It's not itching badly enough for me to scratch that
yet, but you've definitely increased the itch factor! =:^)

Of course my script would be bash, which isn't going to be all that
useful on MSOSs, but it'd help on Linux, and could be adapted if
necessary for other *ix.  (I've never bothered with the distinction
between POSIX sh and bash, which is all I use here, so I only ever claim
to write the latter and let others try it on the former... making
whatever changes they find necessary... if they wish.)