pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can post, but cannot reply (Duncan)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can post, but cannot reply (Duncan)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:09:13 +0000 (UTC)

Karl Lindholm <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:53:34 -0700:

> Does not specifically mention a security patch that I can see, but
> obviously you can read this better than I.

I don't have time to look at the debug today (and while I can take
someone to that point, actually interpreting it may require more
knowledge that my non-C++-coder self has, if someone else can step in,
I'd be grateful), but...

In another thread (Subject: Can't get Pan Newsreader start) it WAS
confirmed just today that the 0.132 in Ubuntu 8.04 DOES still have that
security vuln.  There's a bug on it filed by the list regular here
(Darren Albers) who packages the pan builds for older Ubuntu versions,
but nobody from Ubuntu has apparently even touched it, now five months
after the filing of a SECURITY bug, with the Ubuntu security folks CCed,
and a patch available. <shrug>  To me that's just... disappointing...

Well, here's hopin' that the 8.10 release has 0.133, thereby solving the
problem for those who upgrade, at least.