pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Forcing an expire?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Forcing an expire?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:33:46 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 10 Jul 2009
02:28:21 +0000:

> Here's links to the two big LWN stories on the subject:
>
> ext4 and data loss (March 11, 2009):
> http://lwn.net/Articles/322823/
>
> That massive filesystem thread (March 31, a followup to the above):
> http://lwn.net/Articles/326471/

...  And here's the latest.  The debate is STILL raging!

http://lwn.net/Articles/339421/

That's the weekly kernel page "In brief".  In particular, you'll note the
O_PONIES section, and two of the three comment threads below the article,
O_PONIES and O_TSO_ME_HARDER.

(FWIW I broke off reading this week's kernel page in ordered to write
this, then came and found your reply and replied to it, forgetting
entirely about this in the process.  Then when I got back to the kernel
page, I remembered that I'd left in ordered to post this update, and
hadn't...)