pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image

From: Paul Crawford (at UoD)
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Error saving large JPEG image
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:41:43 +0100

Per Hedeland wrote:
The decode-for-viewing is in pan/usenet-utils/mime-utils.cc (relies
heavily on gmime), decode-for-saving (or maybe it's actually
decode-after-saving) seems to be in the uulib directory (driven by
pan/tasks/decoder.cc).

Thanks, that is useful to know and I can take a look later.

Rhialto wrote:
An easy check is to see if the line has the correct number of characters
on it.

In fact it may have one more: some versions of uuencode add an extra
checksum character at the end of the line. But then it should match, of
course.

And fractional numbers of characters are not possible :)

Thanks. I had not clocked that it was UUencoded than yEnc.

I guess the whole newsgroup area is littered with half-baked applications that are not to one common standard (presuming that it could exist in the first place)!

Regards,
Paul