pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Building Pan on Windows?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Building Pan on Windows?
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:58:04 +0000 (UTC)

Jeremy Elliott posted on Fri, 05 Mar 2010 07:13:20 -0800 as excerpted:

> Hey, I've looked through the archives, plus tried searching, and can't
> find any instructions on building Pan from source using Windows. I
> thought that I'd saw it before, but can't find it now.
>
> Does anyone have detailed instructions on doing this?

I think one of the guys providing MS executables had some instructions at
one time, but I don't do servantware, haven't for some time, and with anti-
features such as having to ask MS permission to run, am not likely to as
long as those anti-features remain, so don't have the details.

> Also, has [there] been any development in the last two years?
> The latest version I'm seeing is 0.133, have their been any changes
> made to the source that would make compiling it worthwhile?

There have been a few patches, tho mostly you'll find them in khaley's git
repo, not in the official upstream gnome pan repo, yet.  In particular
there's one that fixes corruption of many-part binaries in some cases.  If
you do binaries, you'll likely be interested.  If you do only/mostly text
and no many-part binaries (so still images probably won't count, neither
should single-song mp3s, tho whole albums might, and movies of any size
likely will), it's possible you'll not find anything worth bothering with.

But AFAIK, at least one of the guys doing MS executables (IIRC there were
two) has been building from the khaley sources, so using his should get
you the patches already.  Again, I don't do servantware, so haven't
bothered keeping up with the details.