pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Window size and position is not remembered

From: Zing
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Window size and position is not remembered
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:09:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:26:18 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 08/02/2010 02:04 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> Any hints on how to solve/bypass this? It's quite annoying having to
>> resize and relocate the window every time :-)
>
> No.  I have the latest version of Pan on Fedora 13, and the window in
> question is always too short and needs to be extended down to be usable.
>   I've mentioned this when it here when it first started, but it's not
> exactly urgent.  Maybe the same bug is involved in both issues.

Barring an actual fix in pan, you could try "devilspie" (it's available
in the fedora repo and I imagine debian too.)

I use it myself to force set geometry and position of my browser on
startup (and then I kill it).  I would think you should be able to find a
way to do the same thing with pan's posting window.