pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] One group suddenly ignored

From: Sapient Fridge
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] One group suddenly ignored
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 08:15:36 +0100

address@hidden  wrote:
> I have been using Pan 0.132 on Ubuntu 8.04 for a year with no problems
until
> a few days ago when all posts to sci.electronics.design started being
ignored
> ("get headers in subscribed groups" lists over 100 messages but they all
> disappear when the group is selected, no headers for the last 3 days even
> when no filters are selected so they are not just marked as read.)

I was getting this the other day with sci.skeptic using Pan 0.134 on Windows
7, I footled around a bit trying a few things then started getting assert
failure alerts whenever I clicked on the group.   Not good.  Unfortunately I
didn't spot what I did to change it from ignoring the groups articles to the
assert failures, nor did I note down what the failure was.  Something about
nodes->articles.

I fixed it by using the Groups -> "Delete selected groups' articles" option
and re-downloading them, the group seems fine now.

Cheers,
Sapient Fridge