pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Odd error when posting

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Odd error when posting
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:35:50 +1000

Joe Zeff wrote:
Every time I try to post this afternoon, Pan pops up an error message that reads: 411 500 What?

Does anybody know what this means? Checking the logs, there's nothing in them to explain this.

My wild guess is that your provider's news server is broken and "411 500 What?" is literally the response code it is giving, and Pan doesn't know what to do with it.

If you have an alternative provider you can use, try them, otherwise wait a while and try again.

But as I said, that's a wild guess.

--
Steven