pan-users

[Pan-users] Setting group preferences for multiple groups

From: Robert Kochem
Subject: [Pan-users] Setting group preferences for multiple groups
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:10:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I just tried to change the group preference (in detail the used profile)
for multiple newsgroups. But the changes do only affect one newsgroup.
I assume this is a bug - can someone confirm this?

Combined with the fact that Pan2 does not select the correct profile by
itself you have to configure each newsgroup to use the correct profile
(that relates to the newsserver). IMHO Pan2 should implement a more
intelligent way and always preselect the profile that belongs to the
newserver that provides a newsgroup.

I already tried to find out in Pans source code which parts has to be
changed - however Pan's source code contains very few comments and my GTK
skills are at a beginner level. Therefore I did not got far...

Robert