pan-users

[Pan-users] pan on openSUSE 12.1 RC2 with GNOME 3.2

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] pan on openSUSE 12.1 RC2 with GNOME 3.2
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 01:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

Wondering if anyone else out there is running on GNOME 3.2, and what your
experiences are.

I see some definite weirdness - when I'm reading messages, the group pane
sometimes will shift on its own (to the left), and if I try to manually
resize it, I sometimes can't get it to fully resize.

Sometimes the lower boundary of the window moves up - but leaves a large
grey rectangle at the bottom of the screen.  The panes seem to want to
resize themselves with normal navigation in the groups.

The version reported in "about" is:

Tomorrow I'll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea (GIT 30dc37b master; i586-
suse-linux-gnu)

My x64 system running 11.4 with GNOME2 reports the same version.

Open for any ideas on how to identify the problem so it can be resolved.

I've long had problems with message retrieval not working properly all
the time - sometimes articles aren't read until I try 6-10 times; other
times, I get headers and message bodies from the wrong message appended
either before or after the correct info - and when I reply, pan seems to
get confused about which server it's posting to, throws an error saying
the group doesn't exist on the posting server - though it does - and on
occasion, I see error dialogs that are just blank.

But this is the first time I've had a problem that rendered pan
completely unusable. :(

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson