pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan on openSUSE 12.1 RC2 with GNOME 3.2

From: Parko
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan on openSUSE 12.1 RC2 with GNOME 3.2
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:56:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 01:01:50 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Wondering if anyone else out there is running on GNOME 3.2, and what
> your experiences are.
>
> I see some definite weirdness - when I'm reading messages, the group
> pane sometimes will shift on its own (to the left), and if I try to
> manually resize it, I sometimes can't get it to fully resize.
>
> Sometimes the lower boundary of the window moves up - but leaves a large
> grey rectangle at the bottom of the screen.  The panes seem to want to
> resize themselves with normal navigation in the groups.
>
> The version reported in "about" is:
>
> Tomorrow I'll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea (GIT 30dc37b master;
> i586-
> suse-linux-gnu)
>
> My x64 system running 11.4 with GNOME2 reports the same version.
>
> Open for any ideas on how to identify the problem so it can be resolved.
>
> I've long had problems with message retrieval not working properly all
> the time - sometimes articles aren't read until I try 6-10 times; other
> times, I get headers and message bodies from the wrong message appended
> either before or after the correct info - and when I reply, pan seems to
> get confused about which server it's posting to, throws an error saying
> the group doesn't exist on the posting server - though it does - and on
> occasion, I see error dialogs that are just blank.
>
> But this is the first time I've had a problem that rendered pan
> completely unusable. :(
>
> Jim

Just logged out of KDE 4.7.2 and into Gnome 3.2. Can't say I see any of
these problems.
Linux Mint 11 x64
Pan 0.35
Tomorrow I'll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea (GIT 30dc37b master;
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

Perhaps you could try compiling Pan from source. See if that makes a
difference.
--
Defenestrate Windows!