pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] looking for help in creating the git version

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] looking for help in creating the git version
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:03:08 +0000 (UTC)

Am Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:32:30 +0000 schrieb SciFi:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:21:15 -0600, Bob Davenport wrote:
>>
>> I downloaded the latest version of pan2 this evening
>> and also checked and installed the missing files and such
>> as listed (GTK+, gmime, etc.) in the INSTALL text.
>>
>> As the old saying goes, I'm so lost I don't know where
>> I'm lost from...
>>
>> HELP....
>
> A fresh clone/checkout needs the auto* stuff genned.
> Also there are other requisites from the Gnome pantry
> (I've completely forgot what-all they were, sorry).
> But try running:
>
> ./autogen.sh (followed by parms you would give to ./configure)
>
> If you want the new SSL code:
>
> ./autogen.sh --with-openssl
>
> If you need to use GTK+3:
>
> ./autogen.sh --with-gtk3
>
> If you need to disable spell:
>
> ./autogen.sh --without-gtkspell
>
> And combinations are possible… etc.…
> just as with ./configure .
>
> Hopefully if you are missing any tools needed,
> explanatory text will ensue on your screen.
>
> ;)

A few words:
SciFi is right. The pan source tree is built with autotools,
hence you need to do :
sh autogen.sh

The SSL code is still a little experimental. It works for me
with every server I've tried, but feel free to be my guest and post
any errors you encounter.
If you build with gtk3, omit gtkspell as it creates aborts with gtk3.
Gtk3 support is theoretically there, but I noticed a few errors
regarding the window widths etc.
Better use gtk2 (standard).
If you're on a debian/ubuntu system, make a
sudo apt-get build-dep pan first. That will bring in all the dependencies
pan needs. Else, goes to pan's homepage and look for yourself.

Good luck.