pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [HEADSUP] Today's git corrupts 'servers.xml'

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [HEADSUP] Today's git corrupts 'servers.xml'
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:56:02 -0700

On 05/27/2012 12:22 PM, fredbezies wrote:

> 2012/5/27 walt <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
>
>     I just pulled this morning (git ed0cd9aa) and I find that
>     pan omits several important items for each server when it
>     exits and saves 'servers.xml'.
>

> Bet on gkr change =>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2/commit/?id=0a2ddf19225bc283a61e9782221683010b1e887d
>

>     I haven't had time to dissect the problem, but I think it
>     was something in today's commits that broke something,
>     so don't run today's pan until you save a copy of your
>     uncorrupted servers.xml first.
>

> Well, I will see, but as long as you don't use gnome keyring you won't get
> into troubles.

Hi Fred, I didn't see your post earlier when I commented about gkr.

I just checked out git ec96cd28, which is the commit that created the
'use keyring' preferences item recently.

I was very confused when that version also corrupted servers.xml.
I finally figured out that there was something toxic left in my
preferences.xml (don't know yet what it is) and creating a new
preferences.xml permits me to use gkr with no problems (just like
yesterday).