pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] yenc preview v. saving attachments

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] yenc preview v. saving attachments
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:32:18 -0700

On 06/22/2012 02:09 PM, DLSauers wrote:
> I have an issue in regards to binary newsgroups and what Pan can display
> for the preview versus what it saves as the file using save attachments.
>
> When I view the article in Pan the file is decoded and previewed
> perfectly.
>
> However when I select this group of messages or a single message and
> select save attachments only a partial file is saved.

I can't answer the question you asked, sorry, but I've had pretty good
luck with uudeview over the years (I have little experience with yydecode).

If you can give an example of one of the corrupted posts I can try
uudeview at my end, or maybe you also have access to uudeview? It has
a -d flag (stands for desperate :) but maybe that will save only half
the file too.  Worth a try, anyway, while we wait for a better reply.