pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Upload/Post a newsgroup attachment in old Pan v0.133?

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Upload/Post a newsgroup attachment in old Pan v0.133?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:17:33 +0200

Am 01.07.2012 09:36, schrieb Duncan:
David Shochat posted on Sun, 01 Jul 2012 01:30:33 +0000 as excerpted:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:21:03 -0700, Ant wrote:
Ah! Wow, that came in late. Bummer that Debian stable is a bit behind
and I don't want to switch to testing yet. :(
Well, there is at least one other option: You can grab the source and
build it yourself. People here can help you with that.
-- David
... And yet another option.  The usual reply, when people asked for the
feature back in the day, was to refer them to newspost, the command-line
batch-posting tool.

Years ago there were GUI front-ends, knewspost and gnewspost, but AFAIK
they're long outdated.  But the newspost CLI should still be available
for something like debian-stable at least, I'd think.  It appears to
still be available on gentoo.  I just checked.

Don't use newspost, it doesn't handle SIGPIPE correctly. I had issues with it
when I uploaded large chunks of data. I would recommend this with wine:
http://powerpost.free.fr/