pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Newbie compiling Pan v0.133 in Debian stable...

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Newbie compiling Pan v0.133 in Debian stable...
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 18:02:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:30:24 -0700, Ant wrote:

> It looks like the ./configure has a bug! I installed intltool package
> and got farther, but it now mentions my GLIB:

No, that's just how it works. When it finds something missing that it
can't do without, it quits, so it's an iterative process (as you've
already discovered).

> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.17.6... no *** Could not run GLIB test
> program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
> installed.
>
> I saw a bunch of glib packages through apt-cache search. Which one(s)
> do I want?

libglib2.0-dev. But I think you can save yourself time by going directly
to:
libgtk2.0-dev. If you install that, you'll get the other too (and
probably some other stuff). The fact that you don't yet have the glib
development package implies that you don't have the gtk2 one either. And
you will certainly need that.
-- David