pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Newbie compiling Pan v0.133 in Debian stable...

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Newbie compiling Pan v0.133 in Debian stable...
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:39:12 +0000 (UTC)

Ant posted on Sun, 01 Jul 2012 12:22:47 -0700 as excerpted:

> # apt-get install libcairo2-dev Reading package lists... Done Building
> dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could
> not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible
> situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some
> required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of
> Incoming.

>  libcairo2-dev : Depends: libcairo2 (= 1.8.10-6) but 1.10.2-7~bpo60+1 is
> to be installed
>                  Depends: libpixman-1-dev (>= 0.12.0) but it is not
> going to be installed E: Broken packages

As I said, not a debianite here, but...

If you have libcairo2 (1.10.2-7) installed, and the -dev package it's
trying to install is 1.8.x, then you obviously updated from somewhere, but
either no longer have that repo active, or at least it doesn't have the
-dev version of that package.

One way or another, you need to get the -dev package and the runtime
package to agree on version, whether that's downgrading your current
runtime to match the -dev you have available, or figuring out where to get
a -dev version to match the runtime you have installed.

> Thanks. Too bad I Ubuntu and Debian can't share the same exact packages.
> :(

It may be worth pointing out that if they had the same exact packages,
they'd be the same exact distribution! =:^[  Since you haven't installed
the other one, I'd assume for a good reason, I doubt that'd solve your
problem either.  =:^(