pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.139 signature blocks missing

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.139 signature blocks missing
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:59:51 +0000 (UTC)

David Shochat posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:41:11 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:31:18 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed that 0.139 also seems to suppress signature blocks
>> (or partially suppresses them).
>>
> I can confirm that I see your sig when I read via E-mail but it is
> missing when I read your post in pan (0.139).

Two recent option changes to look at:

1) View menu, body pane, show article signature (shortcut of "i").

2) The mention that URLs show up but the sig doesn't appear to, hints
that it might be a color issue, so check colors.  Pan now has foreground
and background color settings (prefs color tab) for almost everything,
but especially for those (like me) who like "reverse" color schemes with
light text on a dark background, who therefore likely set light text prefs
previously, the default light backgrounds may make much of the text
invisible, until both are set.

(FWIW, at least here, the "other text" setting unfortunately seems to
override the other body pane colors including quoted text and signature,
but IIRC NOT URL, tho I'd have to go find a post with a URL in it to
double check the last one.)