pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Subscribing to groups

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Subscribing to groups
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 02:37:40 +0000 (UTC)

David WE Roberts posted on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:00:02 +0000 as excerpted:

> I have a 'feature' in Pan where if I even look at the properties of a NG
> (as in EditSelectedGroup'sPreferences) then it sets the group colour to
> white.
>
> So the text is white on a white background in the Subscribed Groups
> list.
>
> Once it is set explicitly to black (or any other colour) then the
> problem seems to go away.
>
> Sounds quite like what you are experiencing.

In pan preferences, try setting the "other text" colors, foreground and
background, as appropriate.

I had that problem here (but the reverse, and IIRC worse as it affected
other things too, since I use a "reverse" color scheme, dark backgrounds,
light text, and would most assuredly be looking for some other news
solution if it weren't possible to set that in pan) until I did that.

However, now I have a different problem.  The "other text" color seems to
override various elements, including the quoted text color in the body
pane section, so now I have no color-coded quotes! =:^(

But at least I can live with it, as it's still a light-on-dark scheme,
not the other way 'round.