pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Problem with excessive width of body window in 0.139

From: Per Hedeland
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Problem with excessive width of body window in 0.139
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 12:28:41 +0200 (CEST)

walt <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi Per.  I recognize your name from my FreeBSD days of yore :)

Well, I don't think I've left much of a footprint in the FreeBSD
community - maybe in the rather smaller Pan-on-FreeBSD one.:-)

>I certainly have seen the stupidly-wide body pane many times before, and
>for a very long time. (Way before Heinrich kindly volunteered to be the
>pan maintainer, BTW.)

Sounds like you're still seeing it? In which version?

>AFAICT the wide-body problem occurs only when I'm viewing a binary article
>with a jpeg attachment, *and* the jpeg has an unusually tall format, i.e.
>the vertical size is at least two, maybe three times or more, the width of
>the image.

At first it seemed like something like that to me too, but I had the
same problem in plain text groups - and it wasn't just an occasional
occurrence, Pan was basically unusable.

>You may well ask why a very *tall* image should change the *width* of a
>pan window.  I hope you are asking yourself that question because I'd
>like to know the answer :)

Right now I'm not asking anything:-), since the git version seems to
work just fine for me (at least as far as using functionality that was
already there in 0.135 goes) - great work! Maybe it's time for a "real"
release?

--Per