pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: Grey Subject/From/Date panel above message wi

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: Grey Subject/From/Date panel above message windowL: Font size
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:51:30 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice posted on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:03:41 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:29:59 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> status is there in plain text in the bottom left corner, status bar.
>> (Status in the status bar, who'd a thunk? =:^)
>
>   I see no status bar (let alone status) before me!
> Where is it supposed to be?
>
>> And the info bubble for the systray icon, if said icon is enabled, also
>> has online/offline, right there with the pan name and version number.
>
>   Not here on Mageia-3. Nothing like that.
>
> Perhaps all that is a Windows-only thinng?!

Definitely not!  No MSWormOS here!  No proprietaryware in fact (so no
nvidia drivers or flash or proprietary games... with the single exception
being a 20-year-old DOS game, Master of Orion original, copyright 1993
(that's the bugfix from the version I originally purchased, actually, so
perhaps 1992 on the original), that I still run in dosbox.  My excuse on
that is that I agreed to its EULA long ago, and unlike other
proprietaryware, haven't unagreed to it yet, so (to the best of my
knowledge) I can still legally run it.  Of course that wouldn't fly at
all with anything new, including eXPrivacy or newer MSWormOS.

I'm guessing your pan package is built against gtk3, not gtk2, and for
all I know they don't have status bars and systray icons any more.  If
they do, you may find it as an option.  Additionally, I know there's a
build-time option for libnotify integration, which may replace the systray
icon, I'm not sure.  What I know is that I have that build option turned
off here, and in pan prefs on the misc tab, there's a systray behavior
section, with both options checked.  Pan starts minimized, and minimizes
to tray when I hit the close button (but quits if I actually use file,
quit).

The statusbar, meanwhile, has just always been there, here.  I don't see
an option for it, it has just always been there.  But as I said, that's
possibly a gtk2 thing that you'd not have with pan built against gtk3.
I'm not sure.