pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Firefox starts *behind* Pan window

From: Maurice
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Firefox starts *behind* Pan window
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:53:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 00:34:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Do you have any window rules that could affect either pan or firefox?
> Here, I have window rules for both,

  Where/what is your window rule for Pan, Duncan?

> if you've tried both pans on the same system (thus with the same
> kwin)

   I can't, because old Pan will not install on Mageia-3, which is why
I've changed to new Pan!

I've also found that if I start Firefox then Minimise it, then it does
come up on top of Pan if I hit a URL.
  But the problem is I habitually exit Firefox rather than minimise,
so that would not last long! :-)

As a last resort I will keep the status quo and just use Alt-Tab to
flip into Firefox, but it's annoying, just when I was beginning to get
used to new Pan (though perhaps it's new KWin's fault). :-(
--
/\/\aurice