pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Check/Download to my specific Downloads directory?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Check/Download to my specific Downloads directory?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:58:33 +0000 (UTC)

David Shochat posted on Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:27:42 +0000 as excerpted:

>>> Right mouse on the group and select "Edit Selected Group's
>>> Preferences".
>>> One of those is "Directory for saving attachments".
>>
>> How about for all groups globally? I want to have one location for all
>> downloads.
>
> I don't know how to change that. Of course you could always just change
> ~/News into a symbolic link pointing to your preferred location.

That's actually what I was about to suggest.  Pan's actually pretty good
at following symlinks.  I know because I have several of them setup for
various things.

(Among other reasons, I actually use the fact that setting PAN_HOME
allows one to place the pan config and cache where one wishes, to setup
multiple pan instances, each with a different config/cache.  However, for
some files I want the same one used for all, and I setup symlinks in each
config dir pointing at the same global file to make that happen. =:^)