pan-users

[Pan-users] Small screens and Posting Profile editing

From: Kurt Schilling
Subject: [Pan-users] Small screens and Posting Profile editing
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:58:42 -0400

After a long absence from using Pan, I've migrated for the most part to Linux. Today as I set up Pan on an Acer Aspire One D270 netbook, I found that the netbook's screen is smaller than the panel for editing the posting profile. The bottom of the panel is truncated such that you cannot see the Apply button. In researching how to get around this I found that you can reverse tab to apply the changes. Worked just fine. Then it occurred to me that that it might be feasible to directly edit the posting.xml file under .Pan2.

So my question is if someone is setting up Pan for the first time, would editing the posting.xml file be the best option. Consider that person to be a newbie. Or could the posting profile GUI be edited to be less than 600 pixels high? Or perhaps be made responsive to screen size? This is a reported bug on GNOME Bugzilla – Bug 704959 from just over a year ago.
--
Kurt