pan-users

[Pan-users] Multiple displays and preferences dialog

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Multiple displays and preferences dialog
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:56:23 +0000 (UTC)

Running 0.140 git d447f7c built locally.

I've just upgraded to a new system and have dual monitors - they're
arranged as follows (output taken from xrandr, unnecessary lines removed):

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3840 x 2174, maximum 16384 x 16384

 DFP5 connected primary 2560x1440+0+0
 CRT1 connected 1280x1024+2560+1150

So my main WHQD display is to the left and slightly above the CRT.

The preferences window spans both monitors, but because the virtual
screen is 3840x2174, the bottom of the preferences window is off the
bottom of the screen, and the OK button appears on the secondary display
near the bottom of its space.

This makes the window almost entirely unviewable - it's simply too big to
use effectively.  The shortcuts end up going past the bottom of the left-
hand screen, so I can't edit the ones that are at the bottom of the list
unless I drag the window over to the right-hand monitor, but then the top
of the window is off the top of the right-hand screen, so I have to drag
it back and forth.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson