pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Unable to upload binaries in Pan

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Unable to upload binaries in Pan
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:50:03 +0000 (UTC)

Jeffrey Needle posted on Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:56:18 -0800 as excerpted:

> Looks like html is turned off

Looks so, yes. =:^)

> I've downloaded minitube.  Many thanks!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

What I didn't mention is that I have three full-HD monitors attached to
my main box, two of them actually 42-inch TVs mounted one above the other
taking up nearly the entire wall at the foot of my bed, while the other
is a 21-inch I still had from the previous generation, off to the side
and displaying real-time computer performance metrics (superkaramba).
But I don't have an antenna or CATV hooked up, only the computer.

A typical main working desktop layout is minitube full-screen on the top
42-inch, with a couple half-maxed (full vertical, half horizontal)
konsoles/firefox-windows/list-replies on the one underneath, interleaved
with an almost-maxed pan or claws-mail (two instances running, one for
feeds one for mail) window as well, on the bottom 42-inch.  The almost-
maxed pan/claws window is maximized horizontally, almost maxed
vertically, positioned to the bottom of the monitor with just the
titlebars of the half-maxed windows peaking out above it.  With
transparency and focus-follows-mouse, that lets me see and work with two
layers at once.

The point here, of course, is minitube full-screen in the upper 42-inch
monitor!  Some people leave the TV on all day; I do too sometimes... but
it's playing minitube, not TV! =:^)

FWIW, here's a screenshot from about 18 months ago, with my claws-mail
feeds instance on the bottom monitor and pan on the top (middle) instead
of minitube, along with firefox as one half-maxed windows and the
superkaramba system status theme, so you can see what I'm talking about.
Note that while the third monitor is physically off to the side, I have
it logically positioned above the others so the desktop is a fully
displayed rectangle.  So the screenshot shows it on top, even if it's
physically off to the side.  Imagine the top third off to the side and
minitube instead of pan in the center, with the bottom two monitors being
42-inch TVs and the top one being a 21-inch, and you'll get the idea.

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/05/11/duncan-fullscreen.png

Oh, and if you're going to sleep or need to relax or concentrate, search
on nature sounds and play some of the hours-long tracks. Rain,
waterfalls, birds, wind, ocean, also train sounds, gas furnace, etc.
With or without music.  White noise... some of them 8, 10, 12 hours long!

If you need to get energized or wake up, do the same with dance music,
eurodance, techno, house, etc.

Oh, and if you've not discovered her yet, plugin Lindsey Stirling!  She's
an electronic dubstep violin performer and dancer that will blow your
mind!

And for something /entirely/ different, plugin tesla coil music!

Of course a 42-inch TV/monitor or better, with the audio piped to a good
5.1 or better home audio system, does it /reasonable/ justice, but a
standard 21-inch or so monitor and cheap computer audio works too, just
not as impressively. =:^)