pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Disappearing groups in groups list (was Unable to upload

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Disappearing groups in groups list (was Unable to upload binaries in Pan)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:02:51 +0000 (UTC)

Dick Baker posted on Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:52:14 -0800 as excerpted:

> That was it: for some crazy reason, those two groups had been set to
> white instead of the default black.  Then I discovered that no matter
> what color you assign to a group name, it turns to black when the focus
> is on that group.  Which is why those two groups would magically
> reappear when I clicked in the white space of one, only to have the
> other disappear.

Glad to see that nailed it. =:^)

I thought it looked/sounded like that problem.

My prefs are apparently the reverse of most folks as I prefer dark
backgrounds with light text, and when colored groups were first
introduced, only the per-group settings were available, and the default
was a dark text, which naturally didn't show up so well on my dark
backgrounds, so I asked for and got the default group settings in main
pan prefs, which took care of the problem for me.  But as I result I
knew /exactly/ what it felt like to have disappearing groups, and had a
pretty good idea what was doing it. =:^)

What I can't explain, however, is why just those two groups were set that
way.  Presumably you'd remember setting group color if you had, and you
didn't remember it, so I'm at a loss.  But whatever caused that setting
for /just/ those groups, I recognized the symptoms from when they
happened to me, and was able to point you in the right direction, so it's
all good! =:^)