pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature request for the git version Pan 0.14.90 and later: M

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature request for the git version Pan 0.14.90 and later: Multiserver support for posting to newsgroup.
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 20:57:12 +0800

Hi developer,

I'm very glad the know the following news on Pan:

Pan 0.14.90 is the first beta of a ground-up rewrite of Pan in C++.

And among all of the new features, I noted the following one:

  * Multiserver support.  Pan can now download files in parallel not just
    with multiple connections to one server, but also to other servers.

But, I want to request another feature for this and the later version
of Pan:  Multiserver support for posting to newsgroup.

Let me describe the background of this feature request:

Currently, Pan has implemented the multiserver support for downloading
files in parallel mode just as things mentioned above. But, when we
posting to a newsgroup via a specific news server, the news server may
be down at that time and the posting process thus will fail. If we can
let Pan also support multiserver mode when posting to a newsgroup --
say, let Pan try all of these news servers one by one, till one of
them successuflly completed the posting process or let Pan using all
of these news servers to post to a specific newsgroup, once one of
them succeed and kill the posting process of all the other news
servers.  If so, it will be more efficient and convient when using
Pan.

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry