pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ssl/tls certificate handling?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ssl/tls certificate handling?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 19:44:00 -0800

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 00:50:23 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> walt posted on Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:02:23 -0800 as excerpted:
>
> > Another, different bug is in the dialog box for editing the certs
> > ("Edit/Edit SSL Certificates").  It crashes pan every time but I
> > don't know why.  Can anyone reproduce this?
>
> Thanks for crashing pan for me! =:^)
>
> (J/K.  I was expecting it since you said it was crashing for you, and
> I had only the two messages, this one and my sibling reply, that I
> had read and that I knew were going to come back as unread after pan
> restart.)
>
> So definitely reproducible, tho given that the cert files are
> obviously corrupt, that'd be expected.

I've tracked the crash to pan/gui/server-ui.cc:971 :

void
pan :: render_cert_flag (GtkTreeViewColumn * ,
                         GtkCellRenderer   * renderer,
                         GtkTreeModel      * model,
                         GtkTreeIter       * iter,
                         gpointer            )
{
  bool index (false);
  gtk_tree_model_get (model, iter, COL_FLAG, &index, -1);
  g_object_set (renderer, "pixbuf", _icons[index].pixbuf, NULL);
}

I'm posting this stuff only because I hope someone very smart will read
it and tell us how to fix it.  Even better, tell us he/she has already
fixed it :)

I wonder what rendering a cert flag means.  What is a cert flag?
Heinrich, are you still here?