pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan downloads few images at at time

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan downloads few images at at time
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 04:02:14 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:28:20 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 01:55:16 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> Is anything showing up in the log (the status icon to the bottom right
>> should be clickable)?  What NSP (new-service-provider)?  Maybe they
>> have some cap on data or time limit per download/connection?
>
> Pan has a hardcoded limit of 4 connections per server - part of GNKSA as
> I recall.  I imagine it's using 3 connections for downloads, and one for
> something else (or maybe the OP's config just has 3 set).
>
> IIRC, it can be increased by modifying the server.xml file directly, but
> the UI is coded to limit it to restrict concurrent connections in
> accordance with GNKSA.

I thought about that, but as I read the report at least, number of
connections at once shouldn't have anything to do with the problem.

Because if it was number of connections, pan might only download three
things at once, but as they finished with the first downloads they'd
continue with additional downloads in the queue as expected.

Either that or if the connections were somehow going stale, due to too
many dropped packets say, manually telling pan to download more after the
first set had finished wouldn't do anything either, as the existing
connections would still be stuck, and it does, so it doesn't appear to be
existing connections going stale and a limit of four connections
preventing new connections from being established.

So I don't see how it could be related to pan's default limit of four
connections per server.  The symptoms simply don't fit that scenario,
unless there's an additional piece to the puzzle like the weird server
behavior and/or possibly logged errors I suggested.