pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan over SSH tunnel?

From: David Melik
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan over SSH tunnel?
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:14:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 09:08:49 +0000, David Melik wrote:

> No; Gmane altered what I wrote: I did not write 'user-7kjJCDAAYRIdnm
> address@hidden,' but (with spaces in
> between) it was 'ssh -D 9999 -p 22 user @ news . sdf . org.'
>
> This page describes it: http://sdf.org/?tutorials/SSH-SDF

This is all they say about their news server: http://sdf.org/?faq?USENET?
03 .  I have a MetaARPA (highest public) membership, so I'd expected to
be able to read how to do things I paid for.

Of course, with most POSIX-based things, it's poorly/cryptically/not
documented.  Most people there either don't reply or want people to write
the documentation to get help with their own problem also so others can
later.  Of course, almost no one can, so the next people won't either, so
it's a way to get out of writing documentation.