pan-users

[Pan-users] HTML Previewer - how to use?

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] HTML Previewer - how to use?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 23:19:25 -0000 (UTC)

I ran across a couple of posts on gmane that were sent from gmail, which
notoriously sends everything in HTML unless you take specific steps (that
most users don't even know about) to send plain-text only.

I know there'd been some discussion in the past about doing some sort of
HTML rendering (or stripping, ala claws) to deal with situations like
that, but ultimately that discussion didn't really seem to go anywhere.

In one of the discussions, Duncan mentioned that there's this "HTML
Previewer" setting in the preferences, and I thought I'd take a look at
that, but I'm not familiar enough with the code to track down how to
actually use it.  I tried putting html2text in the field, but the field
clears after saving the preferences (I tried with the path and without it)
- but I also noticed that the down arrow to select other options is also
greyed out (unlike the text editor setting above it).

Just out of curiosity (more than anything), has anyone either worked out
how to use this or actually gotten it to work?

--
 Jim Henderson