paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] Colored text...

From: Martin Bickel
Subject: [paragui-dev] Colored text...
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:52:04 +0100

Hi,

there is still one feature missing in Paragui which I'd like to add,
but I'm not sure which way is the best: .

If I have a button or a menu entry with a text, I wan't to have one
letter in a different color than the others indicating the key that is
to be pressed for activating this widget.

I see two ways to add that to Paragui:

Way A: right into the heart
Implementing this directly in PG_Widget. It will accept two colors for
SetTextColor and at PG_Application a character can be registered for
separating the parts (like "e~x~it application"). PG_Widget then
renders the x with the second color. PG_ThemeWidget will be exteneded
to read the second color from themes.
Default would of course be character 0 which would have this feature
disabled.

Way B: keeping it out
A different approach would be to define a class PG_TextRenderer, of
which one instance will be registered at PG_Application. PG_Widget will
then use this intance to render its text. A basic one for single-color
text will be active by default.
An application can then register its more sophicated TextRenderers and
PG_Widget will subsequently use them.

Do you have any preferences? If this is considered a universally
usefull feature, I would go Way A.

Regards,
Martin