paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] Patch Day

From: Martin Bickel
Subject: [paragui-dev] Patch Day
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:38:46 +0100

Hi,

here are a couple of changes and enhancements I made to Paragui 1.1

I have split them into two parts:

=======================

Part I: newwidgets.zip and  no_risk.patch contains some enhancements
which I'm pretty sure don't have any nasty side effects.

The primary enhancement is a new widget PG_PropertyEditor with some
associated classes which is for editing all kinds of properties in
tabular form. You have probably all seen this kind of dialog in RAD
tools like Visual Basic or other applications. And I wanted to have one
in ASC myself, so here is a generic implementation.
I've also extended the paratest sample program to feature such a dialog
(the patch looks big since it reformats the whole source file).

Other changes include:

- PG_DropDown prevents the drop-down-list to move out of the window.
- bugfix in PG_ToolTipHelp
- PG_Widget::RunModal now also calls the PG_Application's Idle-Handler.
While this is a semantic change to the Idle-Handler, it's very useful
in my opinion.
- PG_MessageObject doesn't filter any mouse events any more, as this is
done (and much better :) ) in the EventSupplier.

=======================

Part II: fiddling_with_scrolling.patch

This isn't the first patch that I'm contributing to the scrolling
widgets. Until now I've regularly run into some situation where the
ScrollWidget or the ScrollBars failed. And after fixing the problem I
soon ran into the next one - where I was wondering if it had been there
before the last "fix" or not :-/
The PG_ScrollWidget is a difficult beast...

So here is my next attempt. It primarily fixes two problems I've run
into since the last patch:
- and endless recursion that was triggered under certain circumstances
by PG_RichEdit (enabling Scrollbars -> resizing area -> signalling
change -> recalcalculating scrollbars -> switching them off -> resizing
area -> signalling change -> enabling Scrollbars ->  repeat until stack
blowing up).
- resizing a PG_ScrollArea didn't change the size of the ScrollBars.

While I've tested it extensively and everything looks fine now, I can't
guarantee that PG_ScrollWidget/ScrollArea  don't fail in a situation
that they previosly worked in.

So my recommendation is to keep any eye on everything that scrolls
after applying this patch...

Regards,
Martin