paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Patch Day

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Patch Day
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:14:55 +0100

Am Samstag, den 11.02.2006, 17:38 +0100 schrieb Martin Bickel:
> Hi,
>
> here are a couple of changes and enhancements I made to Paragui 1.1
Patches, I love patches :)

> I have split them into two parts:
>
> =======================
>
> Part I: newwidgets.zip and  no_risk.patch contains some enhancements
> which I'm pretty sure don't have any nasty side effects.
>
> The primary enhancement is a new widget PG_PropertyEditor with some
> associated classes which is for editing all kinds of properties in
> tabular form. You have probably all seen this kind of dialog in RAD
> tools like Visual Basic or other applications. And I wanted to have one
> in ASC myself, so here is a generic implementation.
> I've also extended the paratest sample program to feature such a dialog
> (the patch looks big since it reformats the whole source file).

Wow, this is pretty neat. And *very* useful.
Good stuff.

> Other changes include:
>
> - PG_DropDown prevents the drop-down-list to move out of the window.
> - bugfix in PG_ToolTipHelp
> - PG_Widget::RunModal now also calls the PG_Application's Idle-Handler.
> While this is a semantic change to the Idle-Handler, it's very useful
> in my opinion.
> - PG_MessageObject doesn't filter any mouse events any more, as this is
> done (and much better :) ) in the EventSupplier.

Great. I've commited all of that.

> Part II: fiddling_with_scrolling.patch
>
> This isn't the first patch that I'm contributing to the scrolling
> widgets. Until now I've regularly run into some situation where the
> ScrollWidget or the ScrollBars failed. And after fixing the problem I
> soon ran into the next one - where I was wondering if it had been there
> before the last "fix" or not :-/
> The PG_ScrollWidget is a difficult beast...
>
> So here is my next attempt. It primarily fixes two problems I've run
> into since the last patch:
> - and endless recursion that was triggered under certain circumstances
> by PG_RichEdit (enabling Scrollbars -> resizing area -> signalling
> change -> recalcalculating scrollbars -> switching them off -> resizing
> area -> signalling change -> enabling Scrollbars ->  repeat until stack
> blowing up).
> - resizing a PG_ScrollArea didn't change the size of the ScrollBars.
>
> While I've tested it extensively and everything looks fine now, I can't
> guarantee that PG_ScrollWidget/ScrollArea  don't fail in a situation
> that they previosly worked in.
>
> So my recommendation is to keep any eye on everything that scrolls
> after applying this patch...

Yup. I'll do some extended internal tests with this patch. This patch is
on hold until i get some responses about it. If it doesn't break
anything I'll apply it.

Anyways, I'll post the results ASAP.

Great work.

Alex