Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC4 problem after setup

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RC4 problem after setup
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:55:43 +0000

#1 might be an issue.  There isn't much debug code in there.  The trouble is
that the fsockopen on line 80 is quietly failing and the socket_set_timeout on
line 81 is trying to use an invalid handle.  It should be testing for
(!$this->socket) before trying to to set the timeout.  At the very least, for
your brute force debuging, put an "echo $server.':'.$port;" before line 80 to
see what you are trying to access.  It may just be the check for a newer
version of phpgw, which you can safely disable for now.

#2 I am not aware of phpgw trying to use the time servers, may just be a
coincedence.

Any chance you're running php in safe mode?  if so you will have lots of
troubles.  phpgw is a very in depth suite and will not operate very well in
php safe mode.