[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration help needed

From: Kevin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration help needed
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:46:32 -0700

OK, I've been trying all sorts of configurations, but I *cannot* get my LDAP
config to work.

Stats:
Mitel SME server 5.5 (Redhat based)
OpenLdap 2.0.21 that is functioning since that is where my users are now
Qmail

I have PHPGroupware installed and working just dandy in SQL mode.

1) Set Authentication: LDAP
2) Store/Retrieve Accounts: LDAP
3) Manage HomeDir: NO
4) LDAP Host:  have tried localhost, 1.1.1.1 (internal LAN IP address) and
valid Internet IP address
5) LDAP accounts context: ou=People,dc=yadda,dc=net
6) LDAP groups context: ou=Groups,dc=yadda,dc=net
7) LDAP rootdn: cn=Root,dc=yadda,dc=net
8) LDAP root password:  I've tried blank and the long, long string in
ldap.pw
9) LDAP encryption type: tried both MD5 and DES

All this is a no go.  Keep getting the following error after submitting and
choosing "Import accounts from LDAP to the phpGroupWare accounts table (for
a new install using SQL accounts):

Error: Can't bind to LDAP server: cn=root,dc=gearjunky,dc=net!
Error: Can't bind to LDAP server: cn=root,dc=gearjunky,dc=net!

Please help!

Kevin