[Phpgroupware-users] Re: phpBrain/phpGW KnowledgeBase BETA mkII

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: phpBrain/phpGW KnowledgeBase BETA mkII
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:26:49 +1100

"Lars Kneschke(priv.)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Hall <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have dumped a beta version of my port of phpbrain to phpgroupware
> >in
> >the head branch of our CVS.  Feel free to play with it and tell me
> >what
> >you think of it.  Use these commands to grab it:
> >cd /path/to/phpgroupware
> >cvs -z6 co phpbrain

<snip />

> I had some problems:

I will add the app to savannah as knowledge base for patches/bug reports.

> - First i was not able to search. Ralf did give the right hint.
> After this
> command i was able to hit the search button without errors.
>
> ALTER TABLE phpgw_kb_faq ADD FULLTEXT (text,keywords,title);

Yeah, this is still not resolved.  I still need to write the README
file.  Our current schema proc class can't handle this.  You will have
to run this manually.

> - I added some german translations.

Thanks I have added some extra english phrases too.  I will check
through the english ones properly night, I think stuffed up some of the
lang stuff.

> - i can't add answers. If i try to save the answer, it gets not saved
> anywhere. I still get a empty form again, to add a answer again.
>
> - i can add questions, but how can i answers to this questions? If
> click on
> the open question(main windows/left/top) i only can add another
> question.

Ok, this will be covered in the README (when written).  I have
implemented a basic approval queue system.  Admins can post anything and
it will be activated.  All other users posts (not comments) will be held
for approval.  This is to stop people posting inappropriate comments.
Both of these admin features are available and working :)

I still need to do some more work on the admin side of things, but this
will do for now.

Other changes:

Site configuration now remembers what you entered last time

idsociety navbar icon added

Various little fixes.

Proposed Feature - short term:
* Better ACLs
Soon i will implement view/edit/admin default and by cat ACLs - but this
needs a little thought.  For example on phpgw.de it will be possible for
each app maintainer to manage the entries for their application/s.

* Multilingual Posts
So it will be possible to post/answer in you native language - i have
some ideas on this, but we need people to be able to translate the
questions/answers/comments - which may become time consuming.

* Related FAQs
The ability to relate a FAQ to another FAQ - a see also line at the bottom

* Related URL
The ability to include a URL at the bottom of a post to link to an
external document.

> I installed phpbrain at phpgw.de for any users.

Cool, I will start adding some content there - including a phpbrain FAQ :)

> >* All the peace activists - who remind me that there is still a lot
> >of
> >good people in the world, even if they are not in power :)
> >
> Yeah, i think it is too late. :(

Maybe not ... the entire american military and government could be
abducted by aliens, or they turn their brains on ;)

Cheers

Dave