Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:40:09 +0200

SI Reasoning wrote:

If Angles is now part of egroupware and there are licensing issues with
egroupware, then does this mean that development of the main email
program that is also known as anglemail will no longer be legally
compatible with phpgroupware? I also understand that Lars was a major
contributor for felamimail (which is still broken for me in .14), which
to my eyes looks like most of the development for the email programs
will be on the egroupware fork of which there are licensing issues that
may prevent inclusion of future work in phpgroupware.

Just to clarify some things.

I did develop my software under the GPL/LGPL license and i will do so in the future. I don't know why Ralf, Angles, Pim or who ever should see it different. They developed open source in the past and i think they will do so in the future.

So if we are all nice to each other, i see no reason why app developed for EGroupware should not run under phpgroupware. At least it should be no license problem.

EGroupware is opensource and will(must) stay opensource.

We splitted from phpgroupware because see some things different, how such a project should be organized.

Cu and Live long and prosper :)