Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Request for comments

From: Pascal Vilarem
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Request for comments
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:17:25 +0200

hi,

a complete tt management system would be a great thing for both groupwares.

ideas (i write them as they come) :

- link with an inventory system (not like the inventory we already have in phpGW.. it is far too designed for "stocks management"... but much like something designed to manage sets of machines... configuration, history, installed software and so on...

- link with a document management system... to allow users see the docs related to the current ticket... (howtos for example)

- category system of phpGW could be used to make a fine filtering of tickets... to show only the categories targeted for a user or a group.

- i think property has also got a tts function... you could perhaps work with Sigurd Nes ?

hope some things here can help.

grtx,
Pascal.

Drago Bokal wrote:
Hallo,

I am interested in upgrading the Trouble Ticket System application,
that I saw was part of the phpGroupware (where it was removed in
the 0.9.14 release) and is now part of eGroupware. My inquiries
about this app yielded no reply, so I am addressing the communities
of both projects directly.

The upgrade of TTS would consist in enabling TTS to support an
arbitrary High Level Petri Net for handling the tickets: the Petri Net
would be described in the data model and tickets would travel
around it as tokens using the available states and transitions.

At http://lp.fmf.uni-lj.si/~drago/tts-petri-ug.pdf I've prepared brief
specifications of the upgrade. I am interested in any comments,
ideas, proposals etc. regarding this upgrade.

I expect to have the prototype of the upgrade ready by the end of
October.

Best regards,
Drago Bokal