[Phpgroupware-users] Trouble with phpgw and LDAP...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Trouble with phpgw and LDAP...
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:57:21 +0100

I'm using a debian sarge box, i've tested this on both mine phpgw
installation.

Last july i've migrated all my NT server to samba3, with ldap backend:
from july my ldap data ceased to be a powerful toy and became the core
of my network account management.

Now, in phpgw, if i try to alter something (eg, i have to setup quotas
for some users) an error page popup (attached) and the DN are *DELETED*
from the tree, so the user desappear from the windows network, mail
handling, ...
[ok, this error page contain all the information i need to restore
the dn, but clearly this is not feasable...]

Can i setup phpgw so they get the account (and group membership) from
ldap but does not even try to alter the data?
I'm using a plethora of ldap interfaces to handle users and group, for
me it suffices that phpgw will handle their data (phpgw* field)...

PS: AFAIK LDAP, seems that phpgw does not try to alter the DN, but to
delete and reinsert them. Something less dangerous? ;-)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                        Grazie parlamento europeo!
                http://punto-informatico.it/p.asp?i=53925&r=PI