[phpGroupWare-users] Suitability for Collborative Business Processes

From: Simon Liu
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Suitability for Collborative Business Processes
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:45:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi guys,

I am currently looking into a new groupware platform to replace our legacy
Lotus Notes-based systems, and I happened to come across phpGroupWare. I
couldn't seem to find much information on the main website, so I'll ask my
question here.

Currently, we're using Lotus Notes with custom-developed forms to automate and
standardise the creation and review of documents by multiple team members
(i.e.: some sort of a custom document management system that enables virtual
collaboration). I would like to know whether phpGroupWare offers similar
capabilities, and how easy would it be to create custom forms for this purpose?
Note that the developers here are only used to J2EE and Perl, so we'll have to
learn PHP if we choose this software package.

Thanks for your time,

Simon
Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org