platform-testers

Re: [platform-testers] testing?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] testing?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:59:20 GMT

Hi Andreas,

    I do not know how many people are subscribed.

About 20.

    It was unclear whether one should reply to the list or to the person
    requesting the test only; I think the former would be preferable,

I agree.

    Hydra has a limited number of testing platforms.

Which was exactly one of the reasons why the platform-testers initiative
was started.

    GNU project does not make all of these platforms available to
    developers or testers.

For the record, "GNU" has no compile farm.  It has one general login
host (fencepost) and that is it as far as developer access goes.  The
GCC compile farm (and other machines) is hosted completely separately
from FSF/GNU (by Red Hat as far as I know).

Best,
Karl