playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: Re: Which tool to encode web video or audio?

From: George Chriss
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Re: Re: Which tool to encode web video or audio? (Jaime Alberto Silva)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Thank you for this report---I ran into the same issue, which seems to
originate in ffmpeg conversion rather than the Theora codec, per se.  I
think the problem is that WMV videos can have variable frame rates,
whereas most other video codecs use a fixed frame rate.  This is not easy
to fix.

Also, I suggest checking that the working version has correct a/v sync at
random points through the video.

Sincerely,
George