playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Good workflow for publishing web-sized video with

From: Chris Double
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Good workflow for publishing web-sized video with license metadata
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:51:50 -0700

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Holmes Wilson<address@hidden> wrote:
> What are the ffmpeg2theora parameters used by videobin and tinyvid.tv. I'm
> looking for two things for FSF's video workflow:

On tinyvid.tv I use ffmpeg2theora with the following arguments:

ffmpeg2theora --two-pass --videoquality 10 --width 800 --videobitrate
1200 --no-upscaling

The maximum width of 800 is so it plays back ok on current
implementations of the <video> element in browsers.

I don't add metadata to the videos, instead allow entering a
description on the site for that sort of thing. I do eventually want
to add a way of entering metadata in the video itself.

Chris.
--
http://tinyvid.tv