psychosynth-user

[psynth-user] error trying to use Jack.

From: Justin Travis
Subject: [psynth-user] error trying to use Jack.
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:32:12 -0600

ok a few details about trying to use jack with the program. I'm running ubuntu 11.04 AMD 64 version on an hp Athlon II quad core system with 5 GB of RAM. When I try to start psychosynth using the jack option I get the following messages......

[psynth.base.xml] ERROR: Could not open config file for reading: /home/justin/.psychosynth/psychosynth.xml. The application might create it later.
[gui] INFO: Loading settings.
[psynth.base.xml] ERROR: Could not open config file for reading: /home/justin/.psychosynth/psynth3d.xml. The application might create it later.
[gui] INFO: Initializing Ogre.
[gui] INFO: Initializing OIS.
[gui] INFO: Initializing synthesizer.
[psynth.io.jack] ERROR: Cannot connect to server socket err = Connection refused
[psynth.io.jack] ERROR: Cannot connect to server socket
jackdmp 1.9.7
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2010 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
control device hw:0
control device hw:0
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio0
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
Using ALSA driver HDA-Intel running on card 0 - HDA ATI SB at 0xfe024000 irq 16
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
JackProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 5000000 err = Connection timed out
Driver is not running
Cannot create new client
[psynth.io.jack] ERROR: JackSocketClientChannel read fail
[psynth.io.jack] ERROR: Cannot open psychosynth client
[psynth.io.jack] ERROR: Could not connect to Jack.
address@hidden:~$ jackd: ../common/JackGraphManager.cpp:45: void Jack::JackGraphManager::AssertPort(jack_port_id_t): Assertion `port_index < fPortMax' failed.

being kinda new I'm not sure what it means, but that's what happens.  Any clues?
Thanks from a persistant newb.
JT

Observe the world as a child.....then enjoy the wonder of it all.